Friday, June 13, 2014

Fathers Day

Fathers Day. A day to celebrate all the great DADS out there in the world. I would have uploaded a picture of MY dad, but he is very camera shy and would probably grounded me until I was 40 for such an act. No. Instead I chose a beautiful sunset.  :) 
I love my Dad. We may not get along all the time, and we function veeeeeeery differently. But I still love him.
There are the little things that he does that makes me appreciate him. Although I may not show it all the time I am very great-full. 
He taught me how to fish. And in his opinion, EVERYONE needs to know how to fish.  :)
One year, when I was turning eleven, he decorated the ENTIRE house in pink and white balloons and streamers. He went all out. He told me how great the birthday party was going to be and that everyone was going to love it. When no one showed up for my birthday party ( and I mean no one) he simply donned a pink party hat and handed me my first gift. He told me that I didn't need a ton of friends to have a good time with family. 
He also brings me the cutest post cards for my seemingly childish collection. I love post cards and when he goes on the road he usually brings me one. This time it was Pennsylvania. :)
But isn't that kinda how God is? I know that my heavenly Father is always giving me little blessings to brighten my day. He is there to teach me how to fish for the right opportunity to witness. He is there to don the bright pink party hat of joy and show me that I can still be happy even when no one wants to join me. And he is always bringing me those cute little moments that just send me soaring. Oh sure, dad's can be gruff and seemingly hard sometimes. But God put them in our lives to teach us and to train us. I don't always see it, but I know my dad loves me and I know that God loves me. So in my opinion I have the two greatest DAD'S in the world.

Brianna

2 comments:

  1. Sign me up for your dad! :)....oh wait...lol. What a beautiful tribute not only to your earthly father, but your Heavenly Father as well. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete