Monday, March 24, 2014

A Romantic Dinner For Five :)

Early Saturday afternoon our power went out.
We were told that over 700 people were affected by the outage and that the power wouldn't be back on for several hours.
This threw a big damper in most everyone's plans. My dad wanted to work on the refrigerator. My mom wanted to make fried chicken. My brother wanted to EAT the fried chicken. But low and behold,  fried chicken was not in the near future.  :)
Instead, we sat at the house with absolutely nothing to do.
Well, night was falling upon us and we needed nourishment. And when a body needs nourishment there is only one thing to do.........get pizza.  :)
So, mom broke out the candles and placed them around the house and all over the table.
Each family member grabbed a plate and a few slices of pizza and we enjoyed a great dinner together. I took this picture during our romantic dinner for five.  :) I happen to think that it was the best dinner I have had with my family in a long time. And I guess the message I am trying convey here is that you can have good quality fun with your family even without electricity. Turn off the T.V, radio, computer, and just spend some good time with your family.
God instituted the family first and it is very important to Him.


Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment